A recipient of the Pandit Durga Lal Endowment from Sri Krishna Gana Sabha and the Vazhuvoor Ramiah Pillai Endowment Award from the Cleveland Thyagaraja Aradhana, Bhavajan Kumar is a Canadian born male dancer who has been performing Bharatanatyam since the tender age of five. Bhavajan is Disciple of Gurus Sri Shijith Nambiar and Parvathy Shijith (Kalakshetra) and Smt. Bragha Bessell. He has also had the privilege of learning and working with some illustrious and highly acclaimed gurus and dancers such as Padma Bhushan Dr. Padma Subrahmanyam, Padma Shri Prof. Sudharani Raghupathy, Smt. Rhadha, Smt. Ambika Buch, Prof. C.V. Chandrasekhar, Smt. Parvathi Ravi Ghantasala, Smt. Jayanthi Subramaniam, Smt. Anitha Guha, and Smt. Savithri Jagannatha Rao. He has given scores of solo and group performances at premier Dance celebrations, and many prestigious platforms in India such as Sri Krishna Gana Sabha, The Music Academy Madras, Narada Gana Sabha, Brahma Gana Sabha, Thyaga Brahma Gana Sabha, Kalapradarshini, Soorya Festival, Chidambaram Natyanjali to name a few and has performed extensively in India, Canada, the U.S.A, and Europe. He has performed for Dignitaries such as President of India Smt. Prathibha Patel, former President of India Sri A.P.J. Abdul Kalam, and Prime Minister of Canada Mr. Stephen Harper. He also has had the great privilege of representing Indian dance at the Winter Olympics held in Canada in 2010.
- Solo Recital at the Toronto Natyanjali festival
- Group performance at the 2010 Winter Olympics held in Vancouver, Canada
- Main role in Menaka Thakkar’s dance production “Love’s Folly” at Markham Theatre of performing arts in Toronto.
- Performed main roles in N. Srikanth’s Dance production “In the Beginning”, (a biblical production) presented in Washington, DC.
- Group performance of “Thillanaswara” for Panorama India during India’s Independence Day celebrations, with Janak Khendry Dance Company.
- Solo recital at the Azhwar Festival for the “Richmond Hill Hindu temple society”
- “Mahishasura mardhini” Performed with Kalaimamani. Parvathi Ravi Ghantasala in Puttaparthi for the President of India Miss.Prathibha Patel, and Sri Sathya Sai Baba.
- “Vande Mataram” With Dr. Padma Subramanyam at Narada Gana sabha, Nungambakkam Cultural Academy, Meenakshi Sundarajan College, Sri Rangam, Trichy
- “Pennmai Chudar” with Parvathi Ravi Ghantasala at various sabhas in Chennai
- “Meenakshi Kalyanam” at Nungambakkam Cultural Academy, with Dr. Padma Subramanyam.
- Bharathiya Vidya Bhavan, Chennai
- “Rukmini Kalyanam” With Smt. Ambika Buch for the “Srimad Bhagavatham festival”
- Soorya Festival
- Pondicherry Soorya Fesitval
- Solo margam at Sri Thyaga Bramha Gana Sabha, Chennai
- “Krishna” with Sri. Shijith Nambiar and Smt. Parvathy Shijith for the Nishagandhi festival
- Performance for TLC History show “Oh My Gold” at the Vellore Golden temple with Smt.Jyotsna Jagannathan and Lisa Ray
- Natyanjali performances
- Chidambaram Natyanjali
- Thirunallar Natyanjali,
- Nagapattinam Natyanjali, and
- Thanjavur Natyanjali
- Ramayana Series in the Cleveland Thygaraja Aradhana.
- Aranya Kandam Choreographed by Smt. Jayanthi Subramaniam
- Kishkinda Kandam Choreographed by Smt. Anita Guha
- Sundara Kandam Choreographed by Smt. Anita Guha
- Yuddha Kandam Choreographed by Smt. Rhadha
- First Place winner at the Cleveland Thyagaraja Aradhana Competiton, Prize endowed by Smt. Rhadha for the Centenary year of Sri Vazhuvoor Ramiah Pillai.
- Group performance under the guidance of Sri A. Lakshman and Priya Venkataraman for the Ananya Dance Festival, at Purana Quila New Delhi
- Performed solo pieces and a thillana with three other male dancers for ‘Narthakarinda Nathakarigagi’ – A male bharatanatyam dancers’ festival at Bangalore
- Played the lead role in “Mammudha” choreographed by Prof. Sudharani Raghupathy at various Sabhas in Chennai including The Madras Music Academy
- Pavai Nonbu With Dr. Padma Subramanyam at various Sabhas in Chennai including The Madras Music Academy
- Solo Performance at Hamsadwani
- Solo Performance at Sri Krishna Gana Sabha
- Solo Performance under the auspices of Natyarangam (Dance wing of Narada Gana Sabha)
US Group Tour for the San Diego Indian fine arts academy & Cleveland Thyagaraja Aradhana.
- Valli Bharatham by Smt. Jayanthi Subramaniam
- Chinthaye Hari Haran by Smt. Rhadha
- Sri Krishna Parijatham by Sri Vempati Chinna Sathyam led by MVN Murthy
- Kshetra the temple with. Solo presentation in Toronto, Canada.
- Received Pandit Durga Lal Endowment from Sri Krishna Gana Sabha.
- 18 City tour of US and Canada with Shijith Nambiar & Parvathy Menon in their Dance ballet “Krishna-a divine experience”.